Whitney West Savage

Whitney West Savage was born on April 11, 1986 in Conyers, Georgia to loving parents Tscharner S. Wilson and Michael G. West. She was a healthy blonde-haired, green-eyed beauty who quickly became the darling of her parents’ eyes.


Over the next decade, Whitney became a big sister to siblings Mason, Kenan, and Kendall and in 2003, Whitney became a doting Mom to the first of her own beautiful daughters, Jillian. In 2006, a second daughter, Jaycie, was added to the growing family. Over the next several years Whitney juggled a busy home life raising her family with job responsibilities and faith-based activities with her spiritual family at Church 213 in Covington, Georgia where she was active in her Small Group and assisting in the children’s nursery.


In late March 2013 while sleeping, Whitney suffered a seizure which prompted an emergency room visit to Rockdale Medical Center in Conyers. Following a brief evaluation, she was transferred to Atlanta’s renowned Emory Hospital and placed under the watchful care of Dr. Alfredo Voloshin and Dr. Nelson Oyesiku. Following a battery of tests and examinations, a devastating diagnosis was returned. Whitney’s seizure had been caused by a rare, fast-growing brain tumor known as an Oligoastrocytoma tumor. In just a matter of days, Whitney’s life was transformed from that of a seemingly healthy and full-of-hope-and-dreams young mother to a life that was now full of frightful despair and uncertainty.


While her medical team worked to prep her and schedule her surgery, Whitney continued to welcome family and friends who visited her in the hospital. It was crystal clear to all who visited, that while still fearing the unknown that lay ahead, Whitney was comforted in knowing that she was cradled in the arms of her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Just 6 days after her first seizure, Whitney underwent life-saving surgery to remove the aggressive brain tumor.


The hours-long surgery conducted by lead surgeon Dr. Oyesiku produced mostly favorable results. The team of surgeons had been able to remove a large portion of the tumor, but not all. The medical team would order radiation and chemotherapy treatments to help further reduce the size of the tumor. After approximately 12 days, Whitney was finally able to leave the hospital and return home. After an extended convalescent period, Whitney continued the treatment protocol recommended by her medical team by undergoing a grueling 6 weeks of intensive radiation treatments.


Over the next year or so, Whitney’s life regained some sense of normalcy and her regularly scheduled brain scans and MRI’s showed no growth in the size of the tumor that remained in her brain. Then in 2017, her medical team detected a slight change in the tumor and prescribed for her to begin a round of chemotherapy treatments. Unfortunately, the first round of treatment was horrible and the next two rounds were even worse. Whitney’s body was unable to tolerate the treatments and the therapy was stopped after just three cycles. Depression and despair once again began to engulf her young mind. Whitney, along with her family and friends, again asked for God’s grace in finding a healing treatment for her illness.


A friend of a close family member was traveling in the western United States when he stopped at a restaurant to eat and was seated next to a complete stranger. The two engaged in a conversation that eventually lead to a story about someone the stranger knew who had cancer and sought treatment at a clinic in Arizona and was now in remission. After leaving the stranger, the friend excitedly called the family member and recounted the story about his chance encounter with the stranger and the story he had been told. Family members, led by Whitney’s then-fiancé Tim Savage, doggedly researched the Arizona clinic and its treatment methodology.


It was learned that Nature Works Best is a natural integrative cancer clinic located in Tempe, Arizona that focuses on natural, holistic, integrative and alternative cancer treatments. Its metabolic treatments have proven to be an effective alternative to traditional chemotherapy and radiation, which it does not use in its metabolic treatments. After weeks of review of medical records, countless telephone calls, and numerous emails, Whitney was accepted into the treatment program at the clinic. Her acceptance brought forth a new problem—how to pay for the treatment and Whitney’s lodging and meals for the 4 months or so that she would be separated from her family? Traditional health insurance and government-assisted insurance would not pay for treatments because they routinely exclude holistic and alternative treatment therapies from coverage.


In March 2018, through generous monetary donations by her family members, her Church family, friends, and even some strangers, Whitney was able to travel to Tempe and rent a small studio apartment near the clinic. She then began a regimen of various daily and weekly neuropathic medical treatments prescribed to slow the growth of the tumor. Whitney’s body tolerated these treatments with much more ease than the harsh chemotherapy treatments previously prescribed. While in Tempe, Whitney’s physical health greatly improved, but anxiety due to her separation from Tim, her daughters, and the rest of her family and friends took a heavy toll on her mental well-being. To counteract this, she immersed herself in her bible studies and again found solace in her relationship with her Savior.


After approximately 4 months and completion of the alternative treatment therapy, Whitney returned home feeling refreshed and hopeful. Regular visits to her treating physician at Emory Hospital along with regularly-scheduled brain scans and MRI’s reflected generally good health and no new signs of growth or change in the tumor. These positive results and reports even confounded some members of Whitney’s medical team at Emory Hospital.


Over the next year or so, Whitney’s good health and good doctors’ reports continued. She and husband Tim were elated when in the summer of 2019 they found out Whitney was pregnant and they were going to be new parents. On December 31, 2019 Whitney gave birth to a healthy and happy daughter, Coralie Mae.


In April, Whitney began experiencing some weakness in her right side and some other health issues. A visit with her doctor and a new MRI confirmed her worst nightmare. The tumor is growing. She is beginning a new round of chemotherapy, but the goal is for her to return to Tempe and the Nature Works Best Clinic for another series of intravenous dosages of Sodium Bicarbonate and the various treatments, therapies, and activities that proved so successful on her last visit.





A brief note—


Hello Friends,

My name is Jay Grover and I live in Conyers, Georgia. Whitney’s Dad, Mike West is my best friend. I’ve known Whitney’s Mom, Tscharner since high school and I’ve known Whitney since she was born. I guess I know this family pretty well. I wrote this short “biography” to give you some insight about Whitney and her medical journey.


I’ve witnessed firsthand the range of emotions that Whitney and her family has experienced since she was first diagnosed with a brain tumor. There has been many days of despair and darkness, but there has also been lots of days filled with hope and sunshine. Through it all, Whitney has maintained her unwavering faith in her Lord and Savior. HE is her rock.


If possible, please consider making a monetary donation to help fund Whitney’s journey to Arizona and her desperately needed treatments at Nature Works Best Clinic. A donation of any amount will be graciously welcomed.  Unlike her first venture to Arizona for treatment, this time she will need to be accompanied by her husband, Tim and their newborn daughter, Coralie Mae. With her recent seizures and pronounced weakening on her right side, it’s critical for Tim to remain close by her side.


If you’re unable to make a monetary donation at this time, I respectfully ask you to please remember Whitney, her loving husband Tim and her entire family in your thoughts and prayers.


Thank you,  Jay